Thursday, February 12, 2009

Setting Ruby/Watir Environment - Chapter 14

  1. Have all but 5 watir/unittests passing when I run the watir tests individually. See posting # TBD.
  2. Have 3 issues (http://www.pastie.org/384373) when I run watir/unittests/core_tests.rb (2 watir and 1 commonwatir). I would appreciate it if someone would help me by providing a pointer for the "NoMethodError: undefined method" issue. I am guessing it is an environment variable issue, probably PATH, RUBYLIB, GEM_LIB, or LOAD_PATH. I checked the wiki and did not find anything about environment variables. I found lots of articles which searching, but nothing that was helpful. I can run all but one of the commonwatir/unittests successfully individually, but not from within core_tests.rb.
  3. Answer: To run the unit tests, you need to checkout from the root of the repository, just below trunk. You are checking out the code from the wrong path. http://wiki.openqa.org/display/WTR/Running+Unit+Tests+in+Development (BTW, we've moved to GIT this week, but you should still be able to do what you are trying to do here using SVN.)

No comments:

Post a Comment