- Cygwin Specific: Need to fix .bash_profile and .bashrc. (Later fixed them I think)
- Also get my non-GNU emacs to work inside GitBash window.
- Suggestion: Exercise 1 could be moved to page 28 (before "Normal workflow").
- REMEMBER to use the same repository on page 29+ as page 25.
- Page 34
- >>> $ git remote show origin
- >>> * remote origin
- >>> URL: firstname.lastname@example.org:jasnow/mygittest.git
- >>> Tracked remote branch
- >>> master
- Page 36
- >>> $ git push origin master
- >>> Counting objects: 3, done.
- >>> Compressing objects: 100% (2/2), done.
- >>> Writing objects: 100% (3/3), 239 bytes, done.
- >>> Total 3 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0)
- >>> To email@example.com:jasnow/mygittest.git
- >>> * [new branch] master -> master
- Page 37: Note the the Admin link in inside the "edit" button. Had a hard time finding it.
- Page 38: Exercise 1: Went on to the GitHub website and searched for merb-book and find it: http://github.com/mattetti/merb-book/tree/master
- Page 38: Exercise 2: After roughly 5 tries, I successfully created and pushed my first repository : http://github.com/jasnow/mygittest/tree/master
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Chapter 17: Git and GitHub Course: Day 2